Monday, July 30, 2007

Jeremiah 1:4-8

This is not at all going to be anything in depth or profound...just something I've been thinking about. I was going over Jeremiah 1 with a brother whom I meet once per week to chat and share with one another and last Thursday we discussed these verses.

Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Then said I, “ Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the LORD said to me, “ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.

One of the things that amazes me is how quickly we seem to forget that when we are doing the work of God...it is always HIS work! We become afraid, we doubt our abilities to accomplish a task, we hesitate. Yet we are but a tool in God's hands! We are chosen out for the honor of partaking in the eternal works of our Lord! Why then should we hesitate? Why then doubt? Brothers and sisters, when we are about the work of the Lord, let us agree to face all dangers and all opposition with His strength and not our own. We may think ourselves pitiful tools...but in the hands of the Master craftsman, the result will be beautiful! So go out and witness...sally forth and do the work of an evangelist...take bold stands for the Truth...it is His work upon which we are embarked; what greater assurance do we need, then, to know it WILL be accomplished? :)

No comments: