Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still Alive!

I have read a number of books since I last posted and am in the process of writing up book reviews for them, which I will soon post. Since, however, my last post of any substance was back in February, I wanted to let whatever readers I might have that I am still here and still planning on blogging!

As with most of you, I have been busy with work and family; in addition I must confess that I have been trying to keep up on my Google reader subscriptions and I now have enough of them that it takes me at least 1/2 an hour just to scroll through them even if I don't actually read each article! I think it's time I edited down my list! On top of all this, I have a Facebook account which I am trying to stay active with...I'm thinking I will just have to post on both at the same time! Honestly, the things that should be most important (next to God and my family) are this blog and the work I do for my church library...but both, obviously, have suffered!

So there you have my confession and my apology! Later today I will post a brief study I'm doing on Genesis 1:1-3 and then in the next couple of days I hope to begin posting book reviews too. The study on Genesis is not deep by any means, just some brief thoughts I have. In case some of you did not know, I received an ESV Bible from a Crossway representative I met at the Public Library Association (PLA) conference in Portland last month! I've never owned an ESV and so I decided to begin reading it from the beginning, and of course I was moved by the opening verses of the Word of God! So, of course, my readers get to put up with my ramblings!

God bless!

No comments: