Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

A belated Happy New Year to anyone reading this! I was filled with lofty ambitions about writing a post on December 31st right before midnight, but I was caught up in reading an excellent novel. The book was “Deception” by Randy Alcorn and it is one of the best books I’ve read. Its main character, Ollie Chandler, is the kind of person we all secretly wish we had as a friend! J I gave this book to my wife for Christmas but I ended up reading it first because she has other things she’s reading right now…we’ve both read it before anyhow!

Well this is not intended to be a book review so I’ll stop with that right now. My hope for 2008 is to finish my study in Isaiah which has been going on for some time now. Within the next couple of weeks I’ll begin posting some of what I’ve written on it. I also hope to do more book reviews. What else? I don’t know! Maybe I’ll post some of my evening devotions on here…we’ll see.

For now, I’ll end this short post with the following thought. Since we have begun a new year, I thought it appropriate to remind all of us that are Believers of the great hope we have within us and of that which is our great desire:

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good, well though through entries, thx for putting so much effort into your blog., glad i stumbled across it

did you ever get back to teaching sunday school?

Enoch_Elijah said...

Thank you for the kind thoughts expressed in your comment fild dude...I am not teaching sunday school at this time. I have been attending my current church since August and I hope that the Lord will open up an opportunity after I commit to membership, though right now I am assisting from time to time in the youth group. We'll see what awaits me! :)