Monday, May 12, 2008

Church Membership

Well this is not going to be a big post on church membership...it is simply a post/announcement of our family's new transition. A number of weeks ago we submitted a request to be admitted as members of Heritage Bible Church, and at their last meeting the elders of the church voted to accept us as members! So this last weekend, on Mother's Day, our membership was publicly announced during the service. I have been quite impressed by our pastor's sense of humor and he did not disappoint me when he told me we'd been accepted "though it was a close vote." :)

When we left/were invited to leave our last church I told my wife that I would not join any church until we'd been attending for at least one year, so in a sense I have not kept that vow since it's only been 10 months that we've been attending Heritage! However, it was the right thing to do and since we know now that there is no other church out there for us we decided to move forward on this decision. Besides which, I've been helping out with the youth group for some months, so it is only right that I be a member before I begin twisting young minds! lol

Anyhow, thank you to all who have been praying for us!

No comments: