Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm Not Done Blogging Quite Yet!

It has been 16 days since my last post so I thought I'd better write something to let everyone know I'm still planning on posting regularly and that I have not given up on it! ;-)

Tomorrow I will be teaching in the youth Sunday school (jr. and sr. high) on the topic of Theodicy. They are currently going through the book of Genesis but I thought I'd go with this while the regular teacher is away. In any case, I will post that study tomorrow afternoon. Another topic I will post on in the coming days is my book reviews. As some of you may know, I am reading through Michael Horton's "A Better Way" which deals with worship. I am almost done with it but I confess it's taken me a long time to get through it. The book itself is good, great in many areas, but my heart has not been in it for some reason. I have vowed to myself that I am going to reread every one of my theology books one by one and I will only read one at a time so it's been frustrating because I normally read two or three books simultaneously...but I want to do it one at a time so that I can review every one of them! Oh well, i'm going to focus on finishing it and if the Lord wills it I will post a review of it by the end of the week at the latest!

One final thing...for you book lovers out there. Go to www.paperbackswap.com and sign yourselves up! It is an awesome site. You basically agree to give up any books you post, and mail them to whomever requests them, at your cost. In return, if you see a book you want, you request it and it gets sent to you...FREE!!! Every time you send one of your books, you can order another one! And when you first sign up, if you post 10 books, you get two credits for free! I've already sent out three of my books and ordered two...how exciting!

Well enough advertising, or else I might have to ask them to hook me up with some more credits! ha ha!

I'll post more later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for that link! :)
My husband thanks you too. Having just moved and literally having half of the stuff I moved be books, this is an amazing site to take advantage of, especially in the homeschool section!

Enoch_Elijah said...

I know you'll enjoy it! And happy item hunting through boxes in your new home! ;-)