Monday, June 1, 2009

Personal Update

Hello friends and family!

I wanted to take a moment to give everyone an update regarding where I'm at. As you know, I have been trying to lose weight for quite some time...well I should say I have been trying to seriously lose weight now, because I have dieted and exercised regularly most of my life but rarely at the same time!

Not only that, but in the last year I have been pretty much like a yo-yo. And by this I don't mean just my shape, but that my weight has gone down and up pretty regularly. One year ago I weighed 294 lbs. and then I went down to 275 lbs. in a matter of three months. Well, I gained most of that back, so that on May 5th of this year I weighed in at the gym and was up to 287 lbs. Since I am now 36 years old and closer than not to going home to my Lord, I decided I should begin actually disciplining myself to exercise AND diet at the same time (who would have thought, huh?). Well today I asked to weigh myself at the gym and I am down to 278 lbs.! This is since May 5th so I am really excited 'cause I have been using the scales to weigh myself every Monday and Friday but until I had them weigh me on the machine thingy I did not know what the official reading would be. Anyhow, I have set myself a modest goal to lose 5 lbs. every month until I get down to where I need to be for my health, but for the month of June I have decided I'm going to get down to 275 and then pick up on the 5 per month in July. Please pray for me as I continue to discipline myself to exercise every day. Since being married, the lowest weight I have been is 265 (I think)...and that is only 13 lbs.! If I maintain the weight loss I have set for myself then I should be there by September 1st of this year.

Now, I know that I will never be thin...I never have actually been very thin. So my goal is to measure by the pant sizes I go down and by hopefully losing the cute belly I have. I know this will devastate my wife, as she finds me immensely attractive as I am (and who can blame her?), but she will just have to understand that my health comes first!

Well that's the update! Keep me in prayer and hold me accountable!

God bless

No comments: