Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Random Thoughts for Today

Well it is late and my family and I just finished a game of Settlers of Cataan, a wonderful game normally, except for tonight. It was not wonderful this evening because yours truly was shamefully defeated...I actually had the lowest score I've ever had! :(

I listened to two sermons by Al Mohler today. As some of you may know, in 2008 Dr. Mohler started a series on the Apostles Creed, and one of the sermons I listened today was preached on November 11th, 2008, and it was on "The Holy Catholic Church and the Communion of the Saints." As is always the case with his sermons, this one was really really good. You can find it here if you are interested in listening to it. The other one I heard was on Deuteronomy 6. My biggest challenge is in deciding which one I liked best! :)

I was looking over the November 2008 issue of Christianity Today and in their "quotation marks" section found the following quote: "Crusade is a dramatic word, while 'Penn Students for Christ' leaves us to decide what we are about." This quote came from the University of Pennsylvania's chapter leader for the Campus Crusade for Christ group! Apparently a number of chapters throughout the country are changing their name. Makes sense to me. I mean, we don't want people to think we are sold out for Christ do we? Seriously though...since when do WE decide what we are about as Christians? I'm pretty sure that God is in charge of that decision...don't you think? Maybe these chapter members need to actually read their Bibles and stop caring what others think.

This is it for tonight! I hope and pray that this Lord's Day went well for everyone and that you had the opportunity to worship our awesome God, the only One worthy of our devotion.

God Bless!

No comments: