Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dr. Albert Mohler on President-elect Obama

All day I have had different thoughts about what I wanted to say regarding the results of this election and I'd planned on posting on it tonight. I am still doing so, of course, but I took a moment to head over to Dr. Mohler's blog and read his post for today. All I can say is wow. Dr. Mohler is truly a man of God and he has said what was on my mind way much clearer than I could ever hope to do so.

There is one thing I would like to say which he wrote about also, but all day one of the thoughts going through my head has been that despite my wishing he had not won, it is truly amazing to consider that America will have a Black President in January. This is a truly historic event that I honestly did not think I would ever live to witness. And it is definitely true that his election lends credence to the American belief that anyone can be President. For this I am grateful. And as Dr. Mohler states, I will give Obama the allegiance and respect he deserves as my President while opposing any and all measures that I am Biblically commanded to do so. We truly can do no less.

At any rate, I completely stand behind every one of Dr. Mohler's words and I hope that my dear friends and family will read his post, which you can find here.

Finally, I want us to remember that God is always in control. There are some I know who despair over the results of this election. I say why? God has not been cast out of heaven has He? So I leave you, my brethren, with this little gem from Psalm 2 that I love to read over and over. It reminds me always of the fact that God is always the Sovereign...no matter what men may think!

"Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure: “Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.”

-Psalm 2:1-6

No comments: