Saturday, November 1, 2008

Teaching Young Men

Today we had the sword-tag group out and it was lots of fun...and even a bit humiliating to realize that at the age of 35 I am having trouble keeping up keeping up with the young teens. ;-)

We had a total of 7 kids today (ranging from 13-16) and spent two hours fighting mighty battles. About halfway through we stopped for our Bible lesson and I taught through the book of Acts, specifically chapters 6-9. I will have to wait until tomorrow evening to post the lesson because I am having problems connecting to the internet on my computer (I am posting these comments on my sister in law's laptop). We had a great time, even with me as the only adult male! A good friend of mine will soon have the weekends open, and when he's able to attend I have promised (threatened?) the teens with some adult vengeance for the sheer humiliation they dealt me today!

Well, I just want to say to my dear friends and family...Happy Reformation Day! It has now been 491 years since that faithful day on which good 'ol Martin Luther went and thought he'd start a debate and instead started the Reformation! I hope I'm around in 2017 when we celebrate the 500th year! It should be fun...but I guess that even if I've gone on to be with my Lord I won't be complaining, right?

Go forth and gather with the saints tomorrow as we join to lift up the name of our King!

No comments: