Tuesday, June 17, 2008

From Frank Page to Johnny Hunt...Great.

Well this is all old news but I'm sure some of you at least know that last Tuesday, on the 10th, Johnny Hunt was elected the newest President of the Southern Baptist Convention.

I am no longer a member of a Southern Baptist church but like to see what goes on within the convention, since I spent the majority of my Christian life in that denomination. I had hoped that someone less opposed to Calvinism would be elected...not a Calvinist necessarily, but at least someone who does not see the doctrines of grace as heresy.

While I will not waste my time keeping a close eye on the situation, I do wonder what will happen as such a rabid opponent of Calvinism takes the helm. You think Frank Page was anti-Calvinist...let's see how Johnny Hunt does.

No comments: