Monday, June 23, 2008

My Trust in Him Alone

Today has been a rough day for me and I was deeply troubled at work. Even so, at this time I am feeling so very grateful for my faith and for His faithfulness because I know that no matter what happens to me I am His and He is my Lord. He brings comfort to my soul and the knowledge that He knows all things, indeed is sovereign over all things, gives me the courage to do more than merely face the day...it gives me the strength to face it while praising His name.

Earlier today I was feeling quite low, even to the point of wanting to vomit. And yet, during my afternoon break I read from Psalm 141:1-10, and while all of it was inspiring, the following words were a deep comfort:

LORD, I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You. Let my prayer be set before You as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice... my eyes are upon You, O GOD the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not leave my soul destitute. Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, and from the traps of the workers of iniquity. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I escape safely."

You know what? Even if the Lord does not have a safe escape in store for me, yet will I always worship Him alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul is another example of someone who went through many trials and tribulations. Some words that he wrote to the Corinthians have been of great encouragement to me. He says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (II Cor. 1:3&4)
How true this is! Even as I was typing this comment, the phone rang, and it was my sister who also happens to be going through a very difficult time. Her words of comfort meant SO much to me!

Zorn Family said...

You are in my prayers Ezequiel and Rom. 8:28 keeps coming to mind-God has something in plan, even when it seems that certain people on this earth are set against us.

Enoch_Elijah said...

Thanks Val...that verse is indeed such a blessing for the promise it holds. ALL things word together for good...

Thanks