Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another Update...sort of!

Hello to my reader(s)!

I wish I could announce on this post that my trials are over but, alas, I cannot. The game of waiting to see continues, and yet there is much joy in this waiting because I feel closer to God than I ever have before. Please pray that I will live every day of my live with this sense of being pulled only to His Word. May the rest of my life be spent in contemplation of His mighty works and of His amazing grace...a grace all the more astounding when I consider how completely undeserving I am of it.

I am in the process of reading a book called "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23." In addition to this I am reading through the Psalms and trying to read Psalm 23 every day as well so that as I read the book I can be more aware of what he discusses in it. Anyhow, I won't say too much about the book because when I am finished with it I am going to review it as one of my posts. For now, know that it is an awesome book and well worth the read, especially in times of trouble. It has brought me conviction, comfort, and a renewed sense of His presence. Let others turn to trash like "The Shack" for inspiration, I will turn to the Word and to books that remain faithful to the teachings of His Word!

I read the following from Psalm 71:12-16 yesterday and it reminds me that He alone is worth our trust...in nothing or nobody else can we rely on so completely. And with the Psalmist, I too will declare that salvation lies in Him alone!

"O God, do not be far from me; O my God, make haste to help me! Let them be confounded and consumed who are adversaries of my life; Let them be covered with reproach and dishonor who seek my hurt. But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.

No comments: