Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Not Over...But Much To Praise God About

Hello everyone:

I just want to post a quick update about my challenges. The Lord has answered prayer in a powerful way by opening a door for me and I have been so encouraged by it. Praise the Lord for His lovingkindess and His tender mercies! I have committed to memory Psalm 69:16-17 and it is such a joy to be reminded daily that He loves His people so much and even when He sends challenges our way He does it for our good and with those wonderful tender mercies in mind! I still, honestly, don't know what is in store for me but I feel like the Lord has been testing me and in His infinite wisdom has shown me through a recent event that even in the midst of anxiety, concern, and even occasional despair, that He loves us so much and will not burden us with more than we can possibly bear. How sweet it is to be in His loving care...to know we are the recipients of His lovingkindness....to know that even if the worst should come to pass, that He is my Father.

I have been reading from the Proverbs and I came across this gem in my morning reading:

"Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a bad tooth and a foot out of joint."
- Proverbs 25:19

Lucky for all of us who trust in the Lord...He is NOT an unfaithful man. We are unfaithful, and I think of myself here...for how often do I fail to live the life He has called me to live? How often do I choose the easy path of accomodation with the world rather than witnessing boldly of His grace and His love? Too often is my answer. Too often do I find myself reflecting on unworthy thoughts rather than on the precepts of His Word. But praise the Lord indeed that He is the great covenant keeper. If it were up to us we would long ago have doomed ourselves!

Well these are the rambling thoughts of yours truly...it is late but I wanted to give anyone who reads this a quick update. Continue to pray for me, please. And praise God for the wonderful way in which He is working in my life, in the life of my wife, and in the life of my children. The Lord bless you and keep you!

Enoch_Elijah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouraging words. I look forward to your posts every day! :-)