Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Being Clay in the Potter's Hand

Well the day is almost over so I want to make sure I post to let my family and friends know how I am doing. I think the title of this post should tell you some of how I'm feeling! :) And indeed it is quite an experience as tomorrow marks the 22nd day since this current dilemma came home to roost for me! I tend to get impatient with circumstances and want everything settled immediately, but then I remind myself that God is in control and nothing will happen to me that He does not allow to happen. This gives me so much comfort that you cannot even begin to imagine! What a consolation it is to know that the Lord of all creation, who made all things, is looking out for me and is in complete control of this situation! What peace! It is truly amazing to realize that we serve such an amazing God.

My reading for today comes from Psalm 119, that classic beauty. This is what gave me the most encouragement today:

"Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word. Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law. I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times. You rebuke the proud—the cursed, who stray from Your commandments. Remove from me reproach and contempt, for I have kept Your testimonies. Princes also sit and speak against me, but Your servant meditates on Your statutes. Your testimonies also are my delight and my counselors."
- Psalm 119:17-24

My prayer for today, as I prepare to head to bed, is that God will help me to have the right attitude throughout all of this...that He will help me be a ready and willing piece of clay in His hand, and that His glory come from whatever lies in store for me.

Thanks!

No comments: